Suspicious code in rtp_send_frame ( libtrau/rtp_proxy.c )

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 09:13:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

> As far as I know, if it is removed, then it will break hand-over support
> for nanoBTS (for reasons that Andreas has just pointed out).  So that
> should be verified (or the code made conditional?)

Well, if it's required for handover, making it optional wouldn't help
much. At theses events we'd probably want handover once it's
supported/working.

I think the main issue is that this code is way too strict. It just
shouldn't be triggered unless there is a big discontinuity. During the
execution we can see the message that it corrected 1 or 2 frames, but
that's probably just because of our delay in processing frames and/or
due to small difference in clock rate between the device and the
openbsc machine. In both of theses cases, the receiving device should
handle that itself.

AFAIU a handover would be a massive jump of timestamp. We might also
be able to detect that the source of the stream changed and only
resync in that case.

Is there any handover setup that's supported / working with the HEAD
code so that I could try locally ? (I never even tried handover
anywhere beforce ...)

Cheers,

    Sylvain