Osmocom-Erlang code

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Jun 5 04:45:58 UTC 2012

Hi Duncan,

On Sun, Jun 03, 2012 at 04:41:38PM -0700, Duncan Smith wrote:
> I'm presently attemping to work with the code here:
> <http://cgit.osmocom.org/cgit/erlang>.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

The code is currently not in a state that makes it easy to use for
anyone not intimately familiar with it.  It's mainly developed to
fulfill whatever current (customer) requirement I have, and has many
undocumented shortcomings and pitfalls.

I hope it eventually will emerge into something more generalized, but
until I get around writing some MAP applications (startin with a HLR),
it will probably remain in its current state.

Some of the code is used in production 24/7, a lot of other code has
never been running outside of my lab.

> Is there something I'm missing?  (I just started working with Erlang
> this week, so I may be missing something completely obvious.)  I think
> the main issue is the makefiles aren't putting generated asn.1 code in
> places that Erlang expects to see headers and code, and the makefiles
> don't chain together. :)

Anything but the signerl code is built with rebar, not with make.  So I
guess if there are still any makefiles, they should be deleted from the
tree.