OpenBSC development

Labs rp.labs at gmx.ch
Tue Jan 10 21:12:00 UTC 2012

On 10-Jan-12 21:18, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> "(000) telnet_interface.c:85 Telnet interface failed to bind"
>
> No idea how that could be unless you are on a heavily restricted
> system ... or if you have something else listening on port 4242
> Basically it means it wasn't able to "listen/open" the port for the
> telnet config on port 4242

The system was installed fresh today with Debian net-install CD (minimal
install with SSH server option). After this I installed the packages
listed in wiki plus another one not listed in there, I guess it was
libortp8 and was a dependency to openbsc.

I checked with netstat and nothing is running on that port. There is no
SElinux or iptables running on that machine... Strange behavior.

>> I will try to use a
>> Cisco router to send the Abis from E1 to ethernet in VM.
>
> I've never been able to find how to do that ... that doesn't seem to
> be supported AFAICT ...

I will manage it somehow and if not I will try to get a native IP BTS to
connect to OpenBSC but that one doesn't have any Abis written in OpenBSC
so it will be tough...

I have the traces for new hardware and I will have to compare with what
you have to see which one is closer.

Many things to do with no spare time...

> Cheers,
>
>       Sylvain