Building an E1/T1/J1 line interface

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Jan 13 22:04:49 UTC 2012

Hi all!

The osmo-x1-xcvr PCBs arrived earlier today.  I soldered four units, and
from a clock / DC measurements / power consumption point of view things
are looking fine so far.

I don't yet have any driver software for the transceiver though, i.e. no
code that can initialize the registers to a sane E1-mode state.  Thus,
I'm not able to verify if the actual analog/digital E1 side is working.

Due to lots of other work, I don't think I'll find much time during the
next 10 days or so.

If anyone is interested in writing that driver, connecting it to a
USB-SPI adapter or a microcontroller development board with SPI:  I'm
happy to send two of those fully assembled boards out.  One is for me
and another one for dieter.

For anyone else who wants to build one him/herself: There are 6 more
PCBs that I am happy to send out.