OsmoDevCon / SIP / Teleconference

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Feb 21 08:53:21 UTC 2012

Hi Alexander,

there's no need for anyone to apologize for anything, at least not from
my point of view.  Some people have made various suggestions, others
have sent their views, no rough languange was used - in other words an
entirely civilized discussion.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:42:19PM +0400, Alexander Chemeris wrote:

> Regarding my Skype note - for me it's similar to using Altium where I
> would love to use an open-source app.

I don't want you to stop using it or stop mentioning to use it.  I just
wanted to state that in the context of an Osmcoom event, I would
definitely not want to use it.

As a more practical note:  I'm quite sure that the various SIP and H.323
compatible soft-phones as well as hardware/emedded devices are a really
good and functional alternative to Skype.  I think they are much closer
on a functional level to their proprietary alternative than let's say
KiCAD or gEDA are to Altium Designer.

Rergards,