Newbie question: CM Service reject

Lennart Müller mueller.lennart at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 10 06:21:22 UTC 2012

Hi,

2012/2/10 Don Fanning <don at 00100100.net>

> Hello All,
>
> After some trials and tribulations, I think I got my OpenBSC+LCR+Asterisk
> compiles and working.  The MS connects once I spoof the proper MCC/MNC for
> the foreign SIM I have (to ensure that no one else can connect within my
> area).

That does not completely prevent somebody from trying to connect to your
network. Using the common test equipment id and manually selecting the
network in your phone is also possible and I think much better than sending
out any operator MCC/MNC (apart from using an RF attentuator).

> Then when I try to make a test call to an asterisk extension, it give me
> the following:
> Thu Feb  9 18:55:58 2012 <0002> gsm_04_08.c:858 <- CM SERVICE REQUEST
> serv_type=0x01 mi_type=0x04 M(210271915)
> Thu Feb  9 18:55:58 2012 <0002> gsm_04_08.c:800 -> CM SERVICE Reject
> cause: 2

This code triggers the reject:

    if (!subscr)
        return gsm48_tx_mm_serv_rej(conn,
                        GSM48_REJECT_IMSI_UNKNOWN_IN_HLR);

So, have you inserted your IMSI into your OpenBSC HLR (sqlite database)?

-- Lennart