OpenGGSN over OpenBSC+LCR+Asterisk

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Wed Aug 22 08:40:35 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 06:16:59PM +0200, Arturo Rivas wrote:
> Hi list!

Good Morning,

> I have a working installation of OpenBSC+LCR+Asterisk in my system and now, I want to install OpenGGSN in addiction.
>
> I am trying tutorial of the next link: http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/OpenBSC_GPRS and I don't know if the new compilation of osmo-nitb will crash previous installation.
>
> I think that I have to install new programs in the same location where previous are but if I am not sure about because this could crash it.

What do you mean with "crash previous installation"? OpenGGSN provides a library
called libgtp. It is an implementation of the GTP protocol used by the SGSN and
GGSN to communicate with each other. Depending on when you built OpenGGSN you
might or might not have had a installed version of libgtp. This matters because
at the time you "./configure" OpenBSC it will decide to build or not build the
OsmoSGSN application. Building with the libgtp library present does not influence
the build of osmo-nitb.

holger