OpenGGSN over OpenBSC+LCR+Asterisk

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Aug 22 07:55:51 UTC 2012

Hi Arturo,

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 06:16:59PM +0200, Arturo Rivas wrote:

> I think that I have to install new programs in the same location where
> previous are but if I am not sure about because this could crash it.

you don't even _have_ to install openbsc/osmo-sgsn/openggsn at all, you
can start them right out of their respective source tree.  And while
having multiple versions installed in different directories is likely to
confuse the human user (making mistakes), the software itself doesn't
have problems with it.

The only part you need to be careful about is the libraries
(libosmcoore, libosmo-abis, etc.)  - they need to be installed.  And I
suggest that you either always install to the same directory, or you
use "make uninstall" from the _old_ source tree before you install the
new version.