Question on characteristics of nano-BTS

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 10:16:48 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm working through a UK Ofcom Non-operational license application form
to obtain a license to test with an ip.access nano-BTS 1800.

I'm having a little trouble determining a few of the characteristics of the
nano-BTS and I wonder if anybody could offer me any advice?

- Presumably I can provide GSM 1800 as the frequency of operation (or do
I need to be more specific?).

- What would be the "class of emission designation" for UK GSM ?

- Given I'm just going to use a nano-BTS with a couple of Wifi 10dBi SMA
antennae is there somewhere

   I can find figures for:

   - peak RF Power supplied to the antenna or load?
   - peak radiated power (ERP or EIRP)
   - mean radiated power (ERP or EIRP)

Many thanks,

Alex