libosmocore and GNU autotest

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sun Nov 13 08:05:41 UTC 2011

On 11/13/2011 02:25 AM, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:

> Interesting, never played with this autotest stuff so far.

I saw it in GNU Smalltalk. Somehow the testsuite.at is too verbose and we
would deserve an osmo.m4 macro but then we are in trouble in regard to
installing this one. :}

> Patch attached for this.

thanks, picked into the branch.

> Can we tell the tool to compare stdout but to ignore stderr? If so, we
> can display the repeatable output in stdout and the non-repeatable output
> in stderr.

Good idea, I comitted a patch to do this, would be awesome if you play with
sending things to stdout/stderr.

> Yes, with lots of timers, the expiration may not be done in time on
> a loaded machine. If we can ignore the stderr output, we can put the
> information about timers not expiring in time to stderr.

Not expiring at all should probably be counted as test failure?

thanks for the fast response