libosmocore and GNU autotest

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sun Nov 13 00:30:16 UTC 2011

Hi Pablo, all

I have pushed GNU autotest[1] integration of libosmocore into the
zecke/gnu-autotest branch and invoking make check will execute the testsuite.

The output looks like this:
## ------------------------------------- ##
## libosmocore 0.4.0.10-c015 test suite. ##
## ------------------------------------- ##

Regression tests.

  1: bits                                            ok
  2: msgfile                                         ok
  3: sms                                             ok
  4: smscb                                           ok
  5: timer                                           FAILED (testsuite.at:38)
  6: ussd                                            FAILED (testsuite.at:44)

GNU autotest will execute an external application and then can check the exit
code, compare the stdout/stderr to a file. In this case the timer test fails
as the test itself is randomized and does not always provide the same output.

Pablo if your time permits it would be nice if you could:
	- Provide a cli option to make the test have less iterations (to make
	  make check run faster)
	- Provide a cli option to produce a repeatable output (e.g. by
	  omitting the expired output).

What do you think? In some ways I think that executing the timer test as part
of our regression tests makes sense but maybe specially on a loaded machine
the test might be flaky...

holger

[1] http://www.gnu.org/s/hello/manual/autoconf/Using-Autotest.html#Using-Autotest