Questions

Christopher HENARD christopher.henard at esial.net
Wed May 11 10:48:38 UTC 2011

*"OpenBSC includes functionality normally performed by the following
components of a GSM network: BSC (Base Station Controller), MSC (Mobile
Switching Center), HLR (Home Location Register), AuC (Authentication
Center), VLR (Visitor Location Register), EIR (Equipment Identity
Register)."*

It's from the first page of the wiki (http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki).
I confess I havn't read and clearly understood all the source code, but
concerning the wiki, I read it more than one time. I don't understand why
you're blaming me cause I'm saying that openBSC includes MSC subset. It's
written on the wiki. May be I'm just misunderstanding something in the GSM
architecture.

Anyway, I'm sorry If I hurt you or if you feel I disrespect your work, it's
not the case. I"ll not disrupt you anymore with my stupid questions. As a
final word, let me thank you for all the work you've done around openBSC and
the libs it uses. I appreciate and admire your work. Thank you also for your
time and your consideration regarding my questions.