Questions

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Wed May 11 10:00:31 UTC 2011

On 05/11/2011 11:53 AM, Christopher HENARD wrote:
> I would like to be able to simulate a GSM network in order to be able to
> develop and test an SMSC in an IP network. However, I don't have any BTS at
> the moment, and I don't know if I'll have one later.

Hi Tejas,

do you think you could release the source of your SMSC. I think nobody will
mind if the code is not tidied up, we all have time constraints that force us
to make a compromise.. it is natural.. just put a README in the code.

Hi Christopher,

it appears you have skipped the MSC from your picture? The SMSC will mainly
communicate with the MSC, right? I do have a Smalltalk virtual BSC (see
cgit.osmocom.org/smalltalk) where adding code to 'terminate/send' SMS would be
easy to add to.