RTP-Proxy without MNCC-BuildIn no running

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Mar 30 13:39:52 UTC 2011

Hi all,

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 03:32:13PM +0200, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> On 03/30/2011 02:50 PM, meckel at netzing.de wrote:
> > Hi List
> >
> > I want to use OpenBSC with Asterisk and LCR.
> > After a lot of reading I found out that openbsc must start with the Paramters
> > "-m" and "-P".
>
> Hi,
>
> where did you find that information? The RTP proxy is only useful if you have
> two BTS and want to be able to do handover between them and don't have
> someting like LCR running.

I actually think the proxy has to be active, since only then the OpenBSC ever
sees the RTP frames from the nanoBTS (and can hand them via MNCC into LCR).

The "rtp proxy" command option should decide if the RTP streams are rounted
directly between BTSs, or if they are routed via OpenBSC.

So for a LCR setup, I'm quite positive that you would have to use "-P"

@netzing: I honestly don't have time right now to try to reproduce the setup,
way too much work overload. Sorry.