Problem with RTP-Proxy

Luca Bertoncello bertoncello at netzing.de
Tue Mar 29 13:55:09 UTC 2011

Hi, list!

We are trying to connect OpenBSC and Asterisk together (through LCR),
but we have many problems.
We start OpenBSC with the parameters -P -m
--debug=DRLL:DCC:DMM:DRR:DRSL:DMNCC:DMSC:DNM:DLCH:DMUX:DHO

Now, if we try to call a mobile phone from another one, we get many
errors:

<0006> gsm_04_08.c:2960 receive message GSM_TCH_FRAME
<0006> gsm_04_08.c:2992 TCH frame to lchan without RTP connection

Now, if I understand what mncc_tx_to_cc does, I can just think, that
the RTP-Proxy is NOT active, but a part of OpenBSC thinks that it IS
active.

Another interesting problem is, that, although we start OpenBSC to
debug the CC, we do NOT get a message like:

	Setting up TCH map between ...

(gsm_04_08.c line 1606)

Could someone confirm me my idea? And, maybe, give me a suggestion to
fix our problem?

We use OpenBSC in the version 0.9.11.375-ca8f.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help
Luca Bertoncello
Luca Bertoncello
Entwicklung                               Mail:  bertoncello at netzing.de

NETZING Solutions AG                      Tel.:  0351/41381 - 23
Fröbelstr. 57, 01159 Dresden              Fax:   0351/41381 - 12

Impressum:
NETZING Solutions AG  -  Fröbelstraße 57   -   01159 Dresden
Sitz der Gesellschaft Amtsgericht Dresden HRB 18926
Vorstand  Dieter Schneider  -  Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender Volker Kanitz
USt.Id DE211326547  Mail:  netzing.ag at netzing.de