sms bugfix

Dennis Wehrle openbsc at wehrle.it
Tue Mar 22 17:46:28 UTC 2011

Hi Pablo

>>> * In general we don't keep commented out code around, please remove it.
>>> * We avoid the // comments.
>> Can you explain why? (just for my interest)
> This is a bad practise. Leaving code that has been commented is not of
> any help, it distracts the attention of the reader (who would wonder why
> it's still there). On the other hand, if the intention is to track
> changes, the SCM already does this for you, with it it's easy to see
> what code was removed and added along time. If the intention to leave
> that code commented to remark any special (or tricky) case, better add
> some comment on that (my criteria usually is to document special cases
> that I would even forget myself).

Sry for the misunderstanding question, but my question was why the "//"
comments are not used.

> BTW, adding a short explanation to the patch also helps a lot to apply
> them with git-am.

Thx for this hint. The patches were created with the command "git diff
HEAD > sms_openbsc.patch". But now i know that was not the correct way.
Now i have created a branch, commited the changes (with a comment) and
created the patch with "git format-patch master --stdout >
sms_openbsc.patch".

Enclosed are the new patches.

Best Regards
Dennis