Complete test of a PDP Context activation process

Guido Cilia guidocx84 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:11:44 UTC 2011

Hi everybody!
I need to replicate in my private network the functionalities of an SGSN and
a GGSN for academic purpose. I see the openGGSN project and I understand
that it's composed by two components: sgsnemu and ggsn.
What I want to ask to you is if I could test all the PDP Context activation
process with these two components and how.
This is the real (very semplified) process:

Mobile Phone ---> SGSN ---> GGSN ---> SGSN ---> Mobile Phone

(for a full description of the process see
here<http://www.eventhelix.com/RealtimeMantra/Telecom/gprs_attach_pdp_sequence_diagram.pdf>
)

My suspicion, tell me if I'm wrong, is that sgsnemu component allow to test
only this part of the complete process:

SGSN ---> GGSN ---> SGSN

(simulating the mobile terminal request but not really accepting it from an
external module/device). Is it right?

How could I test all the process? Consider that I could use a linux pc
instead of a mobile phone.

Thank you very much!!!

--
Guido Cilia