ANN: osmo-pcap a PCAP Client and Server application

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Fri Jun 3 14:32:32 UTC 2011

Hi,

I wrote a very primitive client and server for PCAP. The osmo_pcap_client will
use libpcap to sniff on a local link, we have the usual VTY interface to
configure it, one can change the filter and the device at runtime.

There is also a very simple server that authenticates clients based on the
remote address, that will write the pcap files to disk. The files will be
rotated based on time and size, but also when the Link Header of a client is
changing. The traffic is not encrypted yet but that is on the todolist.

The code can be found in our git repository[1].

holger

[1] http://cgit.osmocom.org/cgit/osmo-pcap/