nanoBTS + external Antennas + Repeater

Konrad Meier meierk at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jul 27 07:53:37 UTC 2011

Hi Lennart,

On 27.07.2011 04:25, Lennart Müller wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I would like to use two directional antennas with a nanoBTS DCS1800.
> As far as I know, first I need a duplexer to use one antenna both for RX and TX
> - does anybody know a cheap model? I found only one for 500 Euros.

The nanoBTS-Booster from Proximus has an integrated duplexer + HPA and
LNA. I have two of them and they work great.
http://proximus.com.ua/Nano_BTS_high_power_GSM_booster.html

But in the past a loot of people tried to contact Proximus without
success. The price for one Booster is about 1300 Euro.

> Second, to connect two antennas to the duplexer, I need a power splitter.
> Can somebody suggest one for duplex usage?
>
> Third, to improve indoor signal level, there are plenty offers of duplex
> repeaters, but the legal situation is unclear because one might produce
> distortion on ARFCNs different from his own. Again, anyone with experience?
> Maybe a suggestion for a model with a fixed ARFCN setting?

Some days ago I looked at the legal situation of broadband GSM repeaters
in Germany. At least in Germany there is no way to operate such a device
if you are not an operator.

If you find an repeater that operates only on a specific ARFCN and you
have a license for that frequency than it may be legal to operate such a
device.

Best Regards
Konrad