Legal usage without a carrier-licence?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Feb 17 17:13:21 UTC 2011

Hi Jay,

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 01:42:36PM +0100, Jay R. Worthington wrote:

> as probably for most of us an official (testing) licence is out of reach, is
> there a "workaround" for this problem?

why do you think that?  'experimental license' != 'carrier license'.

We've obtained this in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the Netherlands.  So
at least in the EU it seems generally no problem

The fees we had to pay for those experimental/test licenses are typically < 300
EUR, so much cheaper than the equipment that you need to run the network
anyway.