Ericsson RBS2308 support / Status on LAPD

Matthew Fredrickson matt at fredricknet.net
Tue Feb 8 23:54:09 UTC 2011

One thing I noticed in your sample program is the size of the frame
you're sending to DAHDI.  Try adding 2 to the size parameter when you
write() on the device (assuming you're still using dahdi HDLC).

Also, you must append 2 empty bytes to the frame you write down to the
DAHDI dchan as a placeholder for the CRC.

So change:

-const uint8_t sabme_frame_nonraw[] = { 0xFA, 0x7D, 0x7F };

to:

+const uint8_t sabme_frame_nonraw[] = { 0xFA, 0x7D, 0x7F, 0x00, 0x00 };

And that should take care of both things I mentioned above.

Be warned though, a DAHDI channel set to be a "dchan" will send HDLC
idle bit patterns when no data is sent (0x7e) on it.  This means that
if you need to send 0xff or 0xaa or some pattern like you posted
above, you will need to use custom HDLC code, or modify the DAHDI hdlc
code to send your required idle pattern.

Matthew Fredrickson