Ericsson RBS2308 support / Status on LAPD

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Feb 8 23:19:12 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've connected my 6113 to a DAHDI card in raw mode and sampled the
data, it can be found (together with some tools) in osmo-rbs.git
on git.osmocom.org

To me, it seems as if it simply sending a continuous sequence of SABM
commands for TEI=62/SAPI=62 on timeslot 1, interspaced with idle pattern
of FLAG bytes.

However, if I attempt to send this sequence (using dslot=1, i.e. the HDLC
support within DAHDI) and the rbs_sabm.c program on /dev/dahdi/1), there is no
response from the RBS.

On all other timeslots, the 6113 will just produce a default pattern of
alternating 0 and 1 bits (0xAAAAAAA).

We still must be doing something wrong here...