omsosgsn test phone recommendation?

David A. Burgess dburgess at jcis.net
Wed Dec 14 05:37:19 UTC 2011

Hi -

Can someone recommend a good smartphone for testing with OsmoSGSN?  We are having trouble getting our GPRS modem to recognize a ACTIVATE PDP CONTEXT ACK message and are trying to determine if the error is in the modem, in OmsoSGSN or somewhere in between.

Better yet, is there anything out there that can generate an L2 or L3 trace, like the Nokia 3310, but for GPRS as well as GSM?

-- David