Licensing of the wiki

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Apr 27 12:16:20 UTC 2011

Hi all,

so far we do not have any statement about the licensing of the content on
our wiki.  This means the default copyright rules apply: All the content is
copyrighted, and nobody has any rgiht to reproduce it at all.

I would like to propose an official license for the content in the wiki:
Create Commons CC-BY-SA.  The alternative would be to go for CC-BY-NC-SA,
disallowing commercial use of the content.

I'm not certain if NC is really what we want.  After all, even somebody
using OpenBSC in a commercial environment should be able to make copies
of the reference documentation we have available - as long as he will
releas the result again (which the SA part already covers).

If the major contributors to the wiki would agree to a license, I would
update the wiki accordingly.

Thanks,