Your http://openbsc.mciroembedded.com/ site

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Apr 27 12:11:29 UTC 2011

Hi "Mr. Unknown",

it has come to my attention that you are running a copy of our OpenBSC
website (http://openbsc.osmocom.org/) at http://openbsc.microembedded.com/

We appreciate your enthusiasm for OpenBSC and like to thank you for
your work on the Chinese translation.

However, it would have been good to coordinate about this with us.  Making
a copy of the website as a sub-domain to your company "MicroEmbedded" may
seem to some people as if you were representing the OpenBSC project (which
you are not), or that OpenBSC is somehow a work of your MicroEmbedded company.

After some checking, it seems that the final line on each page "注: BscHack (英文原文出 处,以上翻译整理仅供 OpenBSC 爱好者参考! email: support at microembedded.com )"
provides a link to the orignal page at bs11-abis.gnumonks.org.

Once again in this link you provide your e-mail address, followed by the
company footer of your web-page.

The contents of the OpenBSC website has copyright, and we do not think it is
appropriate for you to associate your company in this way with OpenBSC.  You
are not a member of the project, you have not contributed to the OpenBSC
software, and you have not contacted us about obtainign permission to make
such a translated copy.

Furthermore, there are several problems with your website:

1) it is out of date, as you have used a very old version of the OpenBSC
   website to translate.  As a result, quite some of your links back to
   the original OpenBSC site are broken.
2) You have introduced capitalization changes like "$ Sqlite" which will not
   work, as the command is "$ sqlite"

If your intentions in running a translated OpenBSC site are honest, I would
like to invite you to do so in working together with us.  We can provide
you with the respective space on the official homepage, and you can contribute
your translated content there.

In return, we may put a "thank you" link to microembedded.com in the Thanks
section at http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki#Thanks

We hope this is acceptable to you.  In any case, we hope you can understand
that we will not tolerate you putting your company name next to a copy of the
OpenBSC wiki.