Strange nanoBTS Behavior

Max Marbler madmaxmarbler at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 08:57:55 UTC 2011

Dear List,

I'm a long time listener, first time caller - but have been enjoying
experimenting with OpenBSC for a little while now.

I've come across a new (to me) nanoBTS with some strange behavior: it seems
to come up normally and pull an IP over DHCP, and interacts as expected with
the ipaccess-find and ipaccess-config tools, but *never* attempts to
establish an OML link.

After provisioning the correct settings with ipaccess-config, the unit
reboots and slow-flashes the orange light (no OML) and there is *no* network
traffic initiated by the nanoBTS past the DHCP exchange; however, I can ping
the unit using ipaccess-find and ping.

After running a reset with the dongle and a repeat of the above, I get the
same results.

Any ideas?

Thank You,

-MM