Need help on Open BSC code.

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Thu Sep 30 07:50:10 UTC 2010

On 09/30/2010 03:04 PM, tejas oza wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> We are implementing the separate MSC module and we will be using the openBSC,
> and we are mainly concerned for SMS services. So, I will be highly obliged if
> you can provide us the documentation on openBSC code so that we can understand
> the messages expected on separate MSC side from open BSC and the messages to
> be sent from MSC to openBSC side.

In the on-waves/bsc-master branch you will find a bsc_msc_ip binary that will
be able to connect to a real MSC through somthing that is coined SCCP-Lite
(SCCP encapsulated inside the ipaccess protocol).

If you look at bsc_hack it has no connection to anything but the BTS, so the
BSC/MSC/VLR/HLR functionality is implemented in one binary.