ULP [was: Problem connecting to NanoBTS with current version of OpenBSC]

Andreas Schmidt-Dannert aschmida at mailbox.tu-berlin.de
Tue Sep 7 19:32:49 UTC 2010

Hello Dieter,

On 09/07/2010 02:49 PM, Dieter Spaar wrote:
> Hello Andreas,
>
> On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 13:57:56 +0200, "Andreas Schmidt-Dannert"<aschmida at mail.tu-berlin.de>  wrote:
>
>> I can only see the DNS query for the ip of the SUPL server and than some
>> TCP packets going to the SUPL port (7275) and back to my mobile phone.
>>
> I could just verify my assumption: The traffic is SSL encrypted. If you
> tell WireShark to decode the trace as SSL you can see that the result
> will make sense. So I guess that the ULP traffic is embedded in SSL.
>
> I found a valid ULP trace here:
>
>    http://pastebin.com/6vfri6Mt

Okay that looks a bit different :). Thank you. It makes sense that it is
SSL encrypted and I also decoded it and you were right. I can see the
handshake now..or at least the beginning of it since it did not finish.
Anyway I hoped for something different. Probably the connection will
always be SSL encrypted no matter what SUPL server I use.

Thanks,
Andreas