Emergency Call

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Mon Oct 4 08:33:15 UTC 2010

On 10/04/2010 04:22 PM, Andreas Schmidt-Dannert wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to establish an emergency call with OpenBSC for testing reasons.
>
> I  already set "rach emergency call allowed 1" but I get only a busy line. Is
> there something else I have to do? I guess the emergency call procedure is
> fully implemented in OpenBSC? I found some hints in the code but I am still
> not sure.

No, this setting comes from the on-waves/bsc-master branch where the emergency
calls are simply forwarded to the MSC and it is only about
indicating that emergency calls are supported.

To implement Emergency Calls in bsc_hack you might need to change the gsm0408
code of OpenBSC to handle the CM Service Request for emergency calls properly
(e.g. check for a valid IMSI as of German regulations), and provide a 'dial
plan' of where 110 should be forwarded to. E.g. it could make sense to have a
small setting to forward 110 to a different mobile subscriber...

If you have any specific implementation question, please feel free to ask.