libosmocore compile error

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sun Nov 14 19:04:10 UTC 2010

On 11/14/2010 07:59 PM, Stuart Baggs wrote:
> Thanks for your help. This is getting really frustrating now. I have tried to recompile openbsc with:
>
> autoreconf --install --force
> ./configure
>
> but the process stops on ./configure with:
>
> checking for LIBOSMOSCCP... configure: error: Package requirements (libosmo-sccp >= 0.0.3) were not met:
>
> No package 'libosmo-sccp' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LIBOSMOSCCP_CFLAGS
> and LIBOSMOSCCP_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>
> I'm probably being really stupid, but it's been a long day. Any pointers?

1.) the autoreconf --install --force was below your quote of attempting to
build libosmo-sccp. So it was related to libosmo-sccp. :)

2.) You have not invoked './configure', you have either invoked './configure
--enable-nat' or './configure --enable-osmo-bsc' (or both). For a normal build
libosmosccp is not required.

To illustrate I have put the relevant part from configure.in here. So only if
you have used any of the two options you will need libosmo-sccp. If you don't
have libosmosccp... then don't specify the two options.

I hope this helps

AC_ARG_ENABLE([nat], [AS_HELP_STRING([--enable-nat], [Build the BSC NAT.
Requires SCCP])],
    [
        PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBOSMOSCCP, libosmo-sccp >= 0.0.2)
        osmo_ac_build_nat="yes"
    ],
    [
        osmo_ac_build_nat="no"
    ])
AM_CONDITIONAL(BUILD_NAT, test "x$osmo_ac_build_nat" = "xyes")

AC_ARG_ENABLE([osmo-bsc], [AS_HELP_STRING([--enable-osmo-bsc], [Build the Osmo
BSC])],
    [
        PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBOSMOSCCP, libosmo-sccp >= 0.0.2)
        osmo_ac_build_bsc="yes"
    ],
    [
        osmo_ac_build_bsc="no"