"hello!" and "openbsc problem"

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Mon May 31 10:00:36 UTC 2010

On 05/31/2010 05:21 PM, Thomas Ansorg wrote:
> hello
> my name is thomas and i study communication engineering at tfh berlin. i
> write my bachelor this semester. the task is to program a handover
> funktion between 2 bs11, openbsc runs on a pc with e1 interface. but
> there are major problems. i can't login with my 2 handys that i use for
> that. nokia 3310c and 6650.  the network is found, but the login fails,
> with both handys. it worked only one time, with the 6650. i backuped the
> hlr-file. i assume it's this file that makes problems. when i delete the
> hlr, it is new created, and none of my handys can login. when i restore
> this special hlr, the 6650 connect without problems, but only this one.
> is there a tool to edit hlr.sqlite3, windows-based if possible?
> where are the protocoll files stored, for error search, or must i make a
> screenshot ?

Hi Thomas,

have you done C programming during your study? Do you start the bsc_hack
process yourself? How much knowledge do you have about GSM? How much can
your supervisor help you?

As this is supposed to be the work for your bachelor degree and the
issue is pretty basic, and there are examples of this on the webpage, I
think you should take the time to search for it.

If you have specific questions regarding the sourcecode, or how we
interpreted the GSM protocol, magic numbers in the code or such please
come back to us.

regards
	holger