Functionnal support for the Digium E1 T122P in OpenBSC

Matthew Fredrickson matt at fredricknet.net
Tue Mar 30 14:15:55 UTC 2010

Just a couple of quick corrections (so credit goes to the proper parties):

- dahdi.c is based on misdn.c (that's where I started from when I wrote it)
- lapd.c is the original lapd.c that the original sangoma card patch's
author wrote (so thanks to him for that)

I had talked with Xavier about maybe importing libpri's lapd layer
instead though, since it is more fully featured and robust (in cases
of error handling, etc).  I have not done this yet though.

Also, on our TODO list I need to fix the configuration interface so it
maps better to the way DAHDI works.  Right now, it only works if your
card is the first E1 DAHDI card loaded in the system (channels
DAHDI/1-DAHDI/31).  A sample configuration for /etc/dahdi/system.conf
would be:

span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
dchan=1
bchan=2-31

I think that getting the config interface in OpenBSC fixed so that it
maps to DAHDI channels better (instead of mISDN spans) for DAHDI
devices would be something that would need to be fixed though,
probably pre-merge...

Most of my thanks go to Xavier though, for getting me interested in
this project, and for staying after work so many long hours working
with me on testing and development.

Thanks also to you and your team Harald, for this really neat project.
 I hope you guys are able to put this driver addition for some good
use.

If there are any problems or issues, please email to the list.  I'm
not sure how much I'll be able to do (since I don't have any hardware
here with me to test on), but I'll make a best effort attempt to help
out with any issues that come along.

Thanks again,
Matthew Fredrickson