Error compiling openbsc

Nordin bouchtaoui at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 15:20:25 UTC 2010

> did you actually do 'make install' with libosmocore before running
> ./configure of openbsc?  Only the 'make install' step installs it into
> /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib

I've checked these directories and they seem to be installed, at least I
can see them.

> I've just done the same steps (clone + autoreconf + configure + make
> install of libosmocore, then clone openbsc followed by autoreconf +
> configure + make of OpenBSC).  Works fine here (debian unstable on
> x86_64)

Ok, mine is running as a virtual machine, I don't know whether the
virtual environment has to do something with the problem. I'll try out
on my old Linux box which is also running Debian Lenny (stable). If it
installed well, than things get exciting...

> If you really get this error message, then something is wrong with your
> autotools/pkgconfig installation.

Do you think so? Cause libosmocore installed well, I've checked
usr/local/include and usr/local/lib.

> ==============
> $ autoreconf --version
> autoreconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.65
> License GPLv3+/Autoconf: GNU GPL version 3 or later
> <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>,
> <http://gnu.org/licenses/exceptions.html>
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
>
> Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.
> ---
> Autoconf 2.50 chosen by Debian wrapper script.
> For information and tuning advice see autoconf(1).
>
> furthermore, I'm using automake-1.11

Thnx for your reponse.