Error compiling openbsc

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Mar 9 13:36:57 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 10:24:20AM +0100, Nordin wrote:

> I've done the two steps you provided me, but still the same situation.
> I did even git clone libosmocore repo and git clone openbsc repo.
> First started to buil libosmocore, which was succefully done. After
> that I tried to build openbsc and than the same two errormessage I
> stated in the first mail returns again. So, I think it can't find
> the libosmocore that's installed (guess somewhere in usr/local/...

Hi Nordin,

did you actually do 'make install' with libosmocore before running
./configure of openbsc?  Only the 'make install' step installs it into
/usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib

I've just done the same steps (clone + autoreconf + configure + make
install of libosmocore, then clone openbsc followed by autoreconf +
configure + make of OpenBSC).  Works fine here (debian unstable on
x86_64)

> >>./configure: line 3551: syntax error near unexpected token
> >>`LIBOSMOCORE,'
> >>./configure: line 3551: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBOSMOCORE, libosmocore)'

If you really get this error message, then something is wrong with your
autotools/pkgconfig installation.

==============
$ autoreconf --version
autoreconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.65
License GPLv3+/Autoconf: GNU GPL version 3 or later
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>,
<http://gnu.org/licenses/exceptions.html>

Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.
---
Autoconf 2.50 chosen by Debian wrapper script.
For information and tuning advice see autoconf(1).

furthermore, I'm using automake-1.11