wireshark help

ken knyee8 at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 4 10:59:06 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have the OpenBSC up and running with a nanobts at 900MHz.
I would require some help with the following issues.

1) I'm able to view most of the air interface messages on wireshark but not
able to
view the gsm system information blocks. Is there any patches I should add on
wireshark and is it possible
to provide instructions on how to apply the patches ?

2) I'm able to see the rrlp request made to the mobile on wireshark. However
I'm not
see any rrlp  response from the mobile on wireshark. I'm sure my mobile
suppot ms-based rrlp request.
Again, what are the patches to wireshark I should apply? Appreciate if
details on how to apply the patches
are provided.

3) I have copied out the gprs branch and am able to run the gprs OpenBSC
codes without any problems.
Just that at this stage, my mobile (i-phone 3Gs) does not seem to be able to
do a gprs attach and have
the OpenBSC allocate it a P-TMSI. Is there any thing I should do to get my
i-phone 3Gs to do a gprs attach on the
OpenBSC? (For my i-phone 3Gs, the settings is gsm mode only)

4) Also in the OpenBSC folder, there's this rrlp-ephemeris folder, if
possible, would like to have further details on
the purpose of the rrlp-ephemeris folder.

Appreciate any kind advise and help.

Thanks so much
Ken