open bsc and lcr: layer_3 thread read socket error

Richard Zahoransky r.zahoransky at gmx.de
Wed Jun 16 14:39:29 UTC 2010

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 21:02:12 +0800
> Von: Holger Freyther <zecke at selfish.org>
> An: openbsc at lists.gnumonks.org
> Betreff: Re: open bsc and lcr: layer_3 thread read socket error

> On 06/15/2010 08:19 PM, Richard Zahoransky wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > my name is Richard and I am working on OpenBSC and LCR for my
> university. We plan to deploy a GSM-Network on the campus for research.
>
> Hi,
>
> where is that university located?

It is the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität in Freiburg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany.

> I can't help with LCR but as a general
> hint you can use strace and at least see which filedescriptor returned
> that error, it might be a hint.
>
> Have you tested the BTS with something like bsc_hack? Does this work?

Yes, bsc_hack works with no problems.

Thank you for your advice! We have solved the problem. We simply didn't load the mISDN_dsp module. We did not integrate the mISDN_l1loop into the kernel but start it with insmod mISDN_l1loop.ko (located in a subfolder of the mISDN-Folder after running 'make')

Still, if we load the l1loop with -nchannel=30 the lcr would somtimes print out the already said error message but it doesn't hang. It is then still possible to place a phone call from the cell phones. As workaround, we load the module with 8 channels instead of 30. It seems to work without the error message.

Only one error is left. LCR prints:
'ERROR Port 1 already in use by LCR. You can't use a NT port multiple times.'
On startup. Outgoing calls work but we still have to test incoming calls.