Encryption branch / BSC-MSC split

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 07:43:07 UTC 2010

Hi Harald,

One thing I didn't yet figure out is the HLR part on how to have a
neat interface to store retrieve keys / authentication methods
available and previous tuples. What's currently implemented is not
good, I misuse the AuthTuple thing to store current authentication and
not possible tuples to use when we don't know Ki.

> well, it is not ready (as it is untested right now and I had to do lots of
> manual fixes during rebase) ... and it introduces lots of layer3 code
> (encryption command, etc) in the regular gsm_04_08.c file...

Should those go elsewhere ? How should it be split ?

I put gsm48_secure_channel (and supporting code) in gsm_04_08.c mainly
because it needs to be called when there is a location update request
(among other cases) and the loc update handling code is entirely in
gsm_04_08.c

I guess I must read on on what exactly is MSC domain and what is BSC
domain, so far I mostly focused on 04.08 without paying attention to
who is supposed to handle what ...

Cheers,

     Sylvain