Encryption branch / BSC-MSC split

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Jun 9 06:20:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 02:35:24PM +0800, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> > Unfortunately merging the branch to master is also not really an option right
> > now, as it is likely to cause trouble with the BSC/MSC split, as we will
> > have to align our encryption support with how the A-Interface between BSC
> > and MSC handles things.
>
> Hi,
>
> merge whatever is ready.

well, it is not ready (as it is untested right now and I had to do lots of
manual fixes during rebase) ... and it introduces lots of layer3 code
(encryption command, etc) in the regular gsm_04_08.c file...  so I'd _really_
prefer to see the BSC/MSC split happenign before causing more obstacles that we
need to separate soon later.

> In case I have a patch and need some days to stabilize I will ask on this
> list to hold stuff back. Today I tried to merge some bigger RF Channel
> Release changes... but I see that I need to kill the refcounts before doing
> that...

Let me know if there's something I can help with.