GPRS/SGSN progress update

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Jun 11 12:18:00 UTC 2010

Hi Sylvain,

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 12:54:36AM +0200, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> Here are a few weird message I still get from time to time on the
> nanoBTS telnet interface:
>
> ---
> 13113:DBG:RM:dlTbfUtilsTerminateExtendedUlTbf()
> 9:DBG:RM:dlTbfUtilsTerminateExtendedUlTbf()

This definitely relates to TBF (temporary block flow), a concept
on the air interface.  So I'm not quite sure how the Gb interface
(SGSN side) would have any direct contact with TBF's.

> And some on sgsn process as well (no relation with the telnet ones):
>
> ---
> <0016> gprs_bssgp.c:349 BSSGP TLLI=0xcedb4983 Rx UL-UD missing mandatory IE
> <0016> gprs_bssgp_util.c:105 BSSGP BVCI=0 Tx STATUS, cause=Missing mandatory IE

Ok, we should probably print which IE we think is missing, or even better, we
should add some functionality that can put such supposedly-erroneous packets in
a pcap file.  Once we have a simple function that can be called for this, we
can use it all over the code.

> Ok, done at http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/OpenBSC_GPRS

Thanks.