Branches update & things to consider for merging

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Jan 3 09:57:56 UTC 2010

Hi Sylvain,

thanks again for all your work.

On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 12:27:04AM +0100, Sylvain Munaut wrote:

> sylvain/rrlp : This contains only changes to rrlp-ephemeris. Mostly fixes
> and more support to provide assistance data. Also asn1c patches to fix bugs
> and a script for people to generate their own test data.ubx from their
> receiver (to get up-to-date / local data).
>
> sylvain/pending: Various things / fixes I made that I consider ready to be
> reviewed / merged. I tested it all on both my nanoBTS 139.

Thanks, I've cherry-picked all I could right now.

I'll have to test the software activation related changes with my nanoBTS's and
with the BS-11.  I expect to do this later today.

As for the ebab9a9e (Differentiate paging success), I think this code
needs to update 04_11.c and silent_call.c as well, i.e. all locations
where PAGING_SUCCEEDED is is currently used.

> sylvain/encryption: The current state of my encryption support work. I
> rebased it and used the db structure you pushed for encryption. Everything
> but the last 3 patches are pre-work / preparation / fixes and are imho OK.
> The last 3 patches are the real implementation and I also think they're in
> pretty good shape. Tested and working here :) Limitations includes : No Kc
> re-use & No MT encryption yet.

I disagree with removing the 'id' primary key for AuthTuples and AuthKeys.

Without that id we have it very hard to remove a single authtuple from the
database manually, since we would have to provide the subscriber_id and some
BLOB to select only a single entry.  This is why I did not merge this particular
commit.

All the others (minus the last three) inside the encryption branch should
have been merged now.

It would be great if you can rebase those last three commits and your
encryption_testing branch on current master and continue testing.