OpenBSC on Solaris (WAS: Re: Notes from the 27C3 network)

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Fri Dec 31 09:28:11 UTC 2010

On 12/31/2010 12:30 AM, Omar Atia wrote:
> Dears ,, please help ::

Dear Omar,

please do not hijack threads, start a new one instead.

> in ipaccess-find.c , can we use bind instead of setsockopt cause solaries
> doesn't have SO_BINDTODEVICE defined in socket.h.

For ipaccess-find is sending a broadcast packet, so it is important to select
the physical interface it should be send on. For the user it is more
convenient to write the interface name then to remember the ip address of this
interface.

Does Solaris provide another way to bind to a specific interface? What about
IP_BOUND_IF? If that is not the case we could consider doing a normal bind and
bind to the interface via an ip...

z.