OpenBSC / lcr integration through unix domain socket

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Dec 23 02:11:14 UTC 2010

Hi!

I've finally taken up the taks to split the 'siamese twin' of linking
lcr with bsc_hack and replace it with a PF_UNIX, SOCK_SEQPACKET socket.

I've done quite a bit of testing and it seems to work fine.  The bsc_hack
side is complete, i.e. it properly handles the loss of the lcr connection
and drops all CC transactions at that point.

The lcr side is less finished, especially
 * it will not drop all calls when the OpenBSC [socket] goes away
 * it will not re-connect if OpenBSC has disappeared

I hope those can still be adressed properly ahead of 27C3.  Andreas: Not sure
if you have some time to look at it.  I'll be working on higher priority
items for the 27C3 deployment tomorrow...

The openbsc code is in the laforge/mncc_sock branch of openbsc.git

The lcr code can be found in the mncc_sockk branch of the unofficial
lcr.git repo at git://git.osmocom.org/lcr.git