OpenBSC and Asterisk with NanoBTS and no ISDN

cleb at defcon-3.net cleb at defcon-3.net
Tue Dec 7 18:27:41 UTC 2010

Have you been following this?
http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/OpenBSC_LCR

I recently configured a very similar setup with the latest git of OpenBSC,
libosmocore, mISDN,mISDNuser, and LCR. I used Asterisk 1.8, in which case
you'll need to checkout the asterisk_1_8 branch of LCR.

I know it seems a little counter-intuitive in an ethernet-only
environment, but you need to build the mISDN kernel modules so you can
create the loopback ISDN interfaces. These are needed for communication
between OpenBSC and LCR.

I configured LCR to pass all calls to Asterisk. If you need help with the
LCR/Asterisk configuration let me know. I found the following site helpful
for setting up my asterisk diaplans:
http://astbook.asteriskdocs.org/en/2nd_Edition/asterisk-book-html-chunk/asterisk-CHP-5.html