multi-drop-configuration

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Dec 9 13:17:45 UTC 2010

Hi Thomas,

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 05:18:35PM +0100, Thomas Ansorg wrote:
> the cables are built, now i want to use 2 bs11 in multi drop config. how
> do i connect the 2 bs11? the e1 comes from the pc to the 1st bs11 left
> half, left tx, right rx(front view). now i'm on the right half: to which
> port are the 2 bnc port from the 1st to the 2nd bs11 to be connected? i
> tried the 2 possible combinations, didn't work (with the
> openbsc.cfg.2-2). the 2 bs11 are both set to tei=25 (bs11_config told me
> so)

Did you make sure that the two BTS use different timeslots, and those are
the same timeslots that appear in the

bts 0
  oml e1 line 1 timeslot 1 sub-slot full
bts 1
  oml e1 line 1 timeslot 6 sub-slot full

lines?

> second problem: the timer instructions in the openbsc.cfg.2-2 are not
> executable, the bsc_hack program stops there. i had to remove them.
> what's the matter with that, why don't these timer instructions work?

the config file format has changed since we last used the cfg.2-2, sorry
for that.  Feel free to submit a patch after you made it work :)