SCCP connection establishment from MSC to BSC

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Dec 14 09:36:18 UTC 2010

Hi zecke,

getting back t oan old thread:

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 12:12:12PM +0200, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> On 10/26/2010 11:10 AM, tejas oza wrote:
> > Hi Holger,
> >
> > We found the below code in bsc_msc_ip.c
> >
> > static int msc_sccp_accept(struct sccp_connection *connection, void *data)
> > {
> >     LOGP(DMSC, LOGL_DEBUG, "Rejecting incoming SCCP connection.\n");
> >     return -1;
> > }
> >
> > So, Does the Open BSC accepts the SCCP connection request from MSC ?
>
> As you have found in the code. the BSC does not accept connections from the
> MSC. The reason is that I have not found anything in GSM08.08 that indicates
> that the MSC will open a connection. Am I wrong with that?

GSM 08.06 Chapter 6.1 Connection establishment:
ii) the MSC decides to perform an external handover and a new dedicated radio
    resource has t obe reserved in the new BSS.  The SCCP connection
    establishment is then initiated by the MSC

So there is at least one case in which this procedure is being used.  I know,
we only do intra-BSC handover at the moment and no external handover is supported.

But I think you might be interested in this anyway :)