Changes to the paging subsystem

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Tue Apr 20 08:17:39 UTC 2010

Hello Holger,

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:42:34 +0800, "Holger Freyther" <zecke at selfish.org> wrote:

> What happens is that the IMMEDIATE ASSIGNMENT does not make it to the
> phone fast enough and the same MS is sending another RA and we assign
> another channel.
>
> The root causes consist of various issues:
> 	- Our delay in src/input/ipaccess.c does not help, removing it
>           is breaking the rugby sized BTS though..
> 	- Our paging layer sends the paging command in bursts... we
>           should have an even distribution of them.
> 	- We have some NM attributes to play with.
>
> I am going to poke this some more.

I sometimes had the same problem in the past even with a single MS. If
you want to play with the parameters which control sending the RACH
burst, you can try the configuration commands "rach tx integer" for
the number of slots used to spread retransmission or "rach max
transmission" for the number of retransmitted burst. Of course in
a perfect world OpenBSC should work with all possible configurations.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de