Ericsson RBS 2401 Status

Klaus-Peter Junghanns kpj at junghanns.net
Mon Sep 14 07:42:56 UTC 2009

Harald Welte wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 07:03:53PM -0700, Caleb Pal wrote:
>
>> The next I found was in March from Klaus-Peter Junghann:
>> http://lists.gnumonks.org/pipermail/openbsc/2009-March/000064.html. It looks
>> like he actually got the Zaptel driver to work. I'm not sure how much of
>> Zaptel has changed when the driver set was renamed to DAHDI. I did not see a
>> post from Mr. Junghann with the zaptel input module he spoke of.
>
> Klaus-Peter: Can you please provide your patches?  I know they are likely
> against an old version of OpenBSC and might be more a quick hack than an actual
> OpenBSC input driver.  However, I'd rather see us work from that code than to
> duplicate your efforts.  Thanks.

Hi,

unfortunately i did not have the time yet to do anything regarding
layer 2, that's why there are no patches, yet.

The only thing i did was to load the zaptel driver, configure
zaptel.conf to provide an internal clock and turn on the BS-11.
I could see the BS-11 was sending TEI requests. But zaptel/dahdi
is just a layer 1 driver framework, anything above that has to
be done by the application (e.g. a new input module for openbsc).

Sorry, guys!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

Klaus-Peter Junghanns

Junghanns.NET Gesellschaft fuer Internet-Services & Software-Development
mbH
Breite Str. 13a
12167 Berlin
Germany

Geschaeftsfuehrer : Klaus-Peter Junghanns
Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 79169

Finanzamt fuer Koerperschaften III, Steuernummer 29/409/8978
Umsatzsteuernummer : DE 217621658
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 86102730