system_information branch updates

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Nov 30 20:56:17 UTC 2009

Hi!

While enroute to FOSS.in in Bangalore, I took the time to test and debug
the various issues I could find with the code in the system_information branch.

At least in all of my tests, the system information messages, including rest
octets and neighbor cell lists are looking perfectly fine.  Especially now
that with my latest patch, wireshark is able to dissect the SI messages properly,
it is much easier to debug :)

If you want to give it a try, I recommend using something like git revision
63b152ebb74355acfde76e9ce1113f2d823c0804 of that branch.

Please note: We currently only support the relative bitmask format for the
neighbor cell lists.  That means, you cannot have neighbors with ARFCN's
spanning a range of more than 111, i.e. your lowest and highest ARFCN have
to be within a distance of 111 ARFCN's.

Unless there are major objections, I intend to merge this branch ASAP (or
rather do a 'git diff master..system_information' and apply the resulting diff
as one commit to master)