GPRS branch status updates

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 20:17:26 UTC 2009

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for the trace, I'll have a look now.

In the mean time I made some progress:

 - I have to remove the NM_ATT_IPACC_RLC_CFG_3 tag and config from
nanobts_attr_cell. If I don't the GPRS CELL NACKs the attributes and
never activate. The message sent back by the bts is "new value for
attribute RLC Configuration 3 not supported"

 - In gprs_bssgp.c  the function bssgp_rx_ul_ud calls :

        bts = gsm48_bts_by_ra_id(
                                 TLVP_VAL(&tp, BSSGP_IE_CELL_ID),
                                 TLVP_LEN(&tp, BSSGP_IE_CELL_ID));

 But gsm48_bts_by_ra_id defined in gsm_04_08_gprs.c takes 3 arguments
the gsm_network as first one then the buffer and lenght. Since the
function was implicitely defined in gprs_bssgp.c, it compiled but of
course segfaulted as soon as it got there ... I don't even understand
how it worked for you.

 - Now, I get this :

<0004> gsm_04_08_gprs.c:434 GMM RA UPDATE REQUEST type="RA updating"  REJECT
<0004> gsm_04_08_gprs.c:408 <- ROUTING AREA UPDATE REJECT

But as soon as the REJECT is sent to the BTS, it reboots ... no error
no message nothing ...

    Sylvain