AW: Problem testing E1 link

Andreas.Eversberg Andreas.Eversberg at versatel.de
Thu May 28 07:26:14 UTC 2009

 > In my menuconfig I put an * for :
 > <*> Modular ISDN driver ---> <*>Digital Audio Processing of
transparent data
 >                                           <*>ISDN over IP tunnel
 >                                             <*>Support for HFC PCI
cards
 >                                           <*>Support for HFC
multiport cards (HFC-4S/8S/E1)

try compile as module then load after boot

modprobe mISDN_core
modprobe hfcmulti dslot=1

 > Is there something more to do for mISDN? I saw on mISDN.org that
mISDNv2 is already in the kernel >= 2.6.27 so I were thinking it should
work directly.

no it doesn't! it works for ISDN, but not for openbsc. openbsc requires
differen SAPI values and multiple layer 2 processes on  the d-channel.
it will work with the latest mISDN from git repository:

git clone git://git.misdn.org/git/mISDN.git
cd mISDN
sh checkout-branch.sh socket   <- change to socket branch (mISDNv2)
make force  <- delete all mISDN includes from kernel.
make
make install

be sure to disable mISDN support from kernel. the modules from git will
be installed under /lib/modules/xxxx/extra. the "extra" modules have
lower priority than the kernel modules, so disable mISDN in kernel
config and reinstall modules (make modules && make modules_install).
unused modules will then be removed. then install the git modules as
described above.